query - Commonwealth

  • Petr Jarolím
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hallo everybody,

      any idea what is the official name of The Commonwealth of the Bahamas and The Commonwealth of Austrialia in Czech?

      Thanks

      Hana

    • Simon Vaughan
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
        > Hallo everybody,

        Hullo, you!

        > any idea what is the official name of The Commonwealth of the Bahamas
        and The Commonwealth of Austrialia in Czech?

        I have found 'Bahamske spolecenstvi' for 'The Commonwealth of the Bahamas'
        and 'Australsky svaz' for 'The Commonwealth of Australia'.

        Simon
      • Simon Vaughan
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
          > I have found 'Bahamske spolecenstvi' for 'The Commonwealth of the
          Bahamas'
          > and 'Australsky svaz' for 'The Commonwealth of Australia'.

          My source: Geograficky mistopisny slovnik sveta (Academia, 1993)

          It's a bit out of date, as you can see, and some of the pronunciations for
          English placenames are wrong (I'm not referring to Czechified
          pronunciations), but it's the only Czech gazetteer I've found. If anyone
          knows of any other, please let me know.

          Simon
        • Petr Jarol�m
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001