policy science

  • Martin Kočí
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hi all there,
      Does anybody have an idea about how should "Policy Science" be translated into Czech? There is a headline: Policy Science and Political Science. Later in the text the policy science is defined as "an approach which focuses on public policies and public policy-making ...". Two days I�ve been cudgeling my brains with that - zero idea! Thanks for any suggestions.
      Martin Koci

    • zehrovak@dr.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@y..., Martin Koèí <koci@m...> wrote:
        > Hi all there,
        > Does anybody have an idea about how should "Policy Science" be
        translated into Czech? There is a headline: Policy Science and
        Political Science. Later in the text the policy science is defined as
        "an approach which focuses on public policies and public policy-making
        ...". Two days I´ve been cudgeling my brains with that - zero idea!
        Thanks for any suggestions.
        > Martin Koci

        Here's one solution for you:

        ... C., Feierabend, I., & Klicperova, M. (1995). Pristup "policy
        science" k reseni problemu ve spolecnosti. Ceskoslovenska pychologie
        39 (3) 247-258. ...
        www.psu.cas.cz/pracovnici/klicperova.html

        Not very helpful, I know. How about 'nauka o verejne politice'? :)