Re: [Czechlist] Re: TERM: maloodberatel

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
      > I'd just use 'small consumers', myself. You'll also get a few hits on
      > the search engines for 'small-scale consumers'. BTW you will often
      > hear of 'domestic consumers' and '(small) retail consumers' too but I
      > reckon 'small consumers' covers everything nicely and doesn't look bad
      > in contrast to 'major consumers'.

      I´ve also heard the expression "household consumers".

      I agree with Melvyn that "small consumers" probably covers everything, but
      it just sounds a little odd to me (and makes me think of consumers who are
      only five feet tall or something).

      Perhaps, you could use a phrase like "household or retail consumer" to
      encapsulate the concept of a maloodberatel?

      Just a thought.

      best regards

      Coilin
    • Irena Steinerova
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
        Melvyn and Coilin,
        Thanks for your prompt reply!

        >I agree with Melvyn that "small consumers" probably covers everything, but
        >it just sounds a little odd to me (and makes me think of consumers who are
        >only five feet tall or something).
        >
        >Perhaps, you could use a phrase like "household or retail consumer" to
        >encapsulate the concept of a maloodberatel?

        I guess I should've said that there is another category of consumers
        mentioned in my text, which is "domacnost" (and which is supposed to be
        different from "maloodberatel").
        I think I will stick with Melvyn's "small consumers" then to make a
        distinction between those two categories.
        Thanks again,
        Irena

        -

        >> I'd just use 'small consumers', myself. You'll also get a few hits on
        >> the search engines for 'small-scale consumers'. BTW you will often
        >> hear of 'domestic consumers' and '(small) retail consumers' too but I
        >> reckon 'small consumers' covers everything nicely and doesn't look bad
        >> in contrast to 'major consumers'.
        >
        >I´ve also heard the expression "household consumers".

      • Petr Jarolím
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2001
          Very smart solution:
          domacnost - domestic customer
          maloodberatel - commercial customer
          velkoodberatel - industrial customer
          By the way these are used not only in gas industry. They are frequent in
          water/sewage industries and distribution of electricity or heating.
          Hana

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2001
            Hi Irena,

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2001
              > Sorry for this unprompt reply, but I'm receiving these messages in digest
              > form at the moment in an attempt to keep my in-box under control.

              You can have the Czechlist messages come into a special folder in inbox by
              making a message rule that says anything that comes from the Czechlist
              address should go to that folder - that way you get all messages as they
              come in and keep them separate from normal mail.....

              And yes, gas industry (along with electricity and anything else to do with
              energy) is under close surveillance by Western companies as the Czech
              government prepares to sell its shares in them and fill the political
              parties' bank accounts with bribes once again........glad I know where my
              gas bill money is going.....

              Matej