Re: [Czechlist] Re: TERM Korenice

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
      > Yesterdasy I talked with somebody, who knows quite a lot from this field
      and
      > he told me that "kor^enice" had origanally be just one type of wood only
      and
      > it was wood from tree (or was it a big shrub - I don't know) called in
      Czech
      > vr^esovec.
      > Does any you know name of it in English?

      It's the wood (smoking) pipes are made of, erica or bell-heather according
      to one of my dictionaries, but I can't see anyone making veneer out of it
      and using it to meake furniture.....

      The idea of korenice meaning any veneer that looks like it's made of roots
      makes more sense to me.....

      Matej

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
        > vr^esovec.
        > Does any you know name of it in English?

        heath

        Jirka Bolech
      • Simon Vaughan
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
          > > By the way, Sarka, a space alone won't do to separate sentences.
          >
          > I am sorry Simon, I'do better next time.

          Hmm. Yes, well, I'll try and do better next time I come to coin a Czech
          word.

          Simon