RE: [Czechlist] curly maple

  • Rubková
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2001
      Hi Tony,

      I had that question because I know that "korenice" was really used for
      veneering especially furniture to look special and always represents roots
      of different trees because every root wood is very strange with dots of
      different colour. Besides it is also very compact and hard. So the maple you
      mention could be any maple noty just sugar maple (in Czech javor
      cukroda'rny', In Latin Acer saccharum Marsh).
      Maybe you might get the proper name for "korenice" on pages coverning pipes
      because pipes aare also made of it.

      Sarka