Re: [Czechlist] Valtice trip

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2000
      > A very enjoyable and instructive evening at Cornucopia with Otto, Martin
      J.,
      > Irena and Rachel.

      It somehow escaped from my attention, but I was tied-up with a job anyway.
      Would you please, next time, put meeting announcements into subject line?
      (Maybe it was there, I do not remember)

      Kostas
    • Miroslav Herold
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 27, 2000
        Hi Melvyn,
        could you mail me more detailed info concerning May 3rd?
        Thanks in advance
        Mirek
        Ing.Miroslav HEROLD, CSc.

        tlumocník/prekladatel/poradenství/volný novinár
        tel.: xx420 2 536549
        mobil: 0606 865870
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 27, 2000
          >Hi Melvyn,
          could you mail me more detailed info concerning May 3rd?
          Thanks in advance
          Mirek

          Hi Mirek,

          A warm welcome to the list. Instructive, isn't it? Well, we have the people,
          we have the date, we have the time but we don't have a quiet, cosy, cheap
          and cheerful place to call our own yet. So either you tell us of a nice pub
          with a beer-garden in the centre of PRAGUE:) or we shall just have to wander
          the streets.

          Of course, I'll keep you informed.

          Melvyn

          FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
        • Zdenek_Bobek
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2000
            Great! May 13. I will come for sure.
            No problems with cold floor, sleeping back etc. for me

            Zdenek
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 28, 2000
              Hi Todd:

              Me and my wife will go. But we will go back on Sunday.
              We will go by car, so we will be happy to take 2 people with us. It would be great, Todd, if you could book 2 beds for us in an inexpensive, but clean pension(hotel). But I realize that it might be a hassle for you, so I will appreciate it if you give me a name (phone no) of a convenient facility which is also close to the cellar.

              Kostas

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 28, 2000
                HI Todd,
                As to me, I´ll be happy to come and have no problems with sleeping on the floor, grass, or in a tent (whatever is easier for you). If there is no better car to share, I can take along/offer my old Skoda 105.

                Looking forward to both cellar and castle
                Martin

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 28, 2000
                  Todd:
                  to my previous message, I forgot to add that me and my wife will leave Prague on Saturday morning. Therefore, we will stay there for one night Saturday/Sunday. It would be really great if ou could book two beds for us in a pension, or at least give us a name (phone no) of a facility close to the cellar.

                  Kostas
                • Todd Hammond
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1 10:59 PM
                    Dear Kostas

                    Sorry for delay in answering - life draws me 4 days away from the computer, and I feel great!

                    The best way to arrange accommodation around here is to call the TIK (tourist info center) in Mikulov or Valtice. They are good people - I know them. They will help you find what you want in this area. I'm sorry I'm too busy, and also afraid to "screw up the order", so best leave it to the pros. If you can't find anyplace, I can put you up at our house - we could take a couple of people, I'm sorry I can't offer that service to everyone, but the house ain't big enough! In any case, accommodation is assured, so it's no reason to cancel the trip if everything turns out to be booked.

                    Thanks, look forward to seeing you

                    Todd
                    Me and my wife will go. But we will go back on Sunday.
                    We will go by car, so we will be happy to take 2 people with us. It would be great, Todd, if you could book 2 beds for us in an inexpensive, but clean pension(hotel). But I realize that it might be a hassle for you, so I will appreciate it if you give me a name (phone no) of a convenient facility which is also close to the cellar.

                    Kostas

                    Czech<>English translation resources page:

                    Czechlist archives:
                    http://www.egroups.com/messages/Czechlist