FUN: Byl pozdni vecer...

  • Simon Vaughan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2001
      Jamie's challenge:

      > > Is anyone game for a bad translation contest?
      > >
      > > Not a contest for the worst translation you've found, but the
      > > worst job we ourselves can do at making a truly artfully rotten
      > > translation of a short text...

      Karel's text:

      Byl pozdni vecer - prvni maj -
      vecerni maj - byl lasky cas.
      Hrdlicin zval ku lasce hlas,
      kde borovy zavanel haj.

      Melvyn's version:

      > Bill posed. Never chair perve animae!
      > Vetch animae, Bill, ask kitsch ass!
      > Heard lichens, Val? Cool lasts, eh lass?
      > G'day, borer visa van, yell high!

      Simon's alternative approach:

      'Twas early morn - the third of October -
      Matutinal October - 'twas a time of hate.
      The baldpate harried hate with its billingsgate,
      Where smells issued from the Manitoba araroba.

      I'm sure this can be 'improved upon'.

      Simon