Re: [Czechlist] COMP: apostrophe on keyboard

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2001
      Otto Pacholik wrote

      > You might be right. For PC users only: try left Alt + 39 on the
      > numeric keyboard and you'll see the magic :-)))

      Yeah, I did not mention in my posting that this only works with the
      left-hand-side Alteration key. The PC "knows" if you're pressing left or
      right Shift, Control or Alteration key.

      Jirka Bolech
    • Simon Vaughan
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2001
        > I was presuming that most people would "read through" their
        > translation anyway (even a 100-page test...)

        Coilin, you are probably one of the most experienced Czech>English
        proofreaders in the world: you should know that many translators do not
        bother to proofread their own work.

        Even though you do proofread your own translations, I'd still recommend
        that you follow Rachel's procedure -- if only to avoid repetitive strain
        injury.

        Simon