Re: [Czechlist] COMP: apostrophe on keyboard

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
      I was presuming that most people would "read through" their translation
      anyway (even a 100-page test...)

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2001
        Otto Pacholik wrote

        > You might be right. For PC users only: try left Alt + 39 on the
        > numeric keyboard and you'll see the magic :-)))

        Yeah, I did not mention in my posting that this only works with the
        left-hand-side Alteration key. The PC "knows" if you're pressing left or
        right Shift, Control or Alteration key.

        Jirka Bolech
      • Simon Vaughan
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2001
          > I was presuming that most people would "read through" their
          > translation anyway (even a 100-page test...)

          Coilin, you are probably one of the most experienced Czech>English
          proofreaders in the world: you should know that many translators do not
          bother to proofread their own work.

          Even though you do proofread your own translations, I'd still recommend
          that you follow Rachel's procedure -- if only to avoid repetitive strain
          injury.

          Simon