Re: Czech e-business revisited + term inquiry "energeticky generel"

  • zehrovak@dr.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2001
      --- In Czechlist@y..., Michal Ginter <michalginter@v...> wrote:

      > BTW: Does anyone know what "energeticky generel" is? It's in a
      bullet
      > point that reads "zpracovani energetickych generelu regionu".

      Hi M.

      Here's a Slovak page that might give you a bit more inspiration than
      your cassette:

      http://www.projektfenix.sk/prir2.htm

      Pozn.: Chybajuca zakonna uprava sa prejavuje nejednotnym nazvoslovim.
      Rozni autori a institucie pouzivaju vyrazy "energeticka koncepcia",
      "energeticky generel", "energeticky akcny plan" alebo "energeticky
      uzemny plan". My budeme dalej pouzivat pojem generel.

      In other contexts (water management, I think) I've seen 'generel'
      translated as 'master plan' (old Poldauf suggests 'general [building]
      plan') but that is probably no good here. I might go for something
      like 'regional energy management plan'. Mind you, 'energy action plan'
      sounds nice and dynamic, doesn't it?

      Now if you want a selection of 'music while you translate', I am your
      man! Gershwin, Ravi Shanka, Incredible String Band and Mozart are
      usually unobtrusive and harmonize the old alpha waves (any other
      suggestions?) and then there is Tapka's favourite: my CD of wolves
      recorded in the wild...:)

      Regards,