Czech e-business revisited + term inquiry "energeticky generel"

  • Michal Ginter
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2001
      Hi folks! I just ran across "el. obchod" in a Czech document produced
      by MPO that I'm working on right now; it supports the suggestion I
      made eons ago when we discussed possible Czech shorts for
      "e-business".

      BTW: Does anyone know what "energeticky generel" is? It's in a bullet
      point that reads "zpracovani energetickych generelu regionu".

      Cheers!
      Michal

      P.S." So, it's Saturday night, and I'm sitting here, hammering away to
      a sappy music collection somebody once made for me, while I should be
      out there painting the town red. Yikes! Am I a loser or what? :-)

      Has anybody seen the "Exodus" photo exhibition at Manes? I saw it
      this afternoon - great photography, but also a straight path to a mix
      of despair about the third world and guilt about nagging about the
      tough life in the first/second world. :-)

      The tune that's playing right now goes: "Moje duse zpuchrela, zas na
      neco najela, zas ji musim zalepit, ja nebudu mit nikdy klid. Moje duse
      je uchazejici, ona nekdy praskne jen tak, je v ni asi velkej pretlak.
      Udelal bych asi lip, kdybych ji sel vypustit." Ouch! Udelal bych asi
      lip, kdybych tu kazetu sel vymenit. :-) Anyway, enough yacking and
      zpatky ke strojum.

      :-)
    • zehrovak@dr.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@y..., Michal Ginter <michalginter@v...> wrote:

        > BTW: Does anyone know what "energeticky generel" is? It's in a
        bullet
        > point that reads "zpracovani energetickych generelu regionu".

        Hi M.

        Here's a Slovak page that might give you a bit more inspiration than
        your cassette:

        http://www.projektfenix.sk/prir2.htm

        Pozn.: Chybajuca zakonna uprava sa prejavuje nejednotnym nazvoslovim.
        Rozni autori a institucie pouzivaju vyrazy "energeticka koncepcia",
        "energeticky generel", "energeticky akcny plan" alebo "energeticky
        uzemny plan". My budeme dalej pouzivat pojem generel.

        In other contexts (water management, I think) I've seen 'generel'
        translated as 'master plan' (old Poldauf suggests 'general [building]
        plan') but that is probably no good here. I might go for something
        like 'regional energy management plan'. Mind you, 'energy action plan'
        sounds nice and dynamic, doesn't it?

        Now if you want a selection of 'music while you translate', I am your
        man! Gershwin, Ravi Shanka, Incredible String Band and Mozart are
        usually unobtrusive and harmonize the old alpha waves (any other
        suggestions?) and then there is Tapka's favourite: my CD of wolves
        recorded in the wild...:)

        Regards,