Re: ostrovni kuchyne, ostrovni sestava

  • Dusan Papousek
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2001
      Could you please help me with the translation of "ostrovni sestava", "ostrovni kuchyne"? Both terms appear in a document describing the interior design of a high-standard apartment with electric appliance for cooking, bar seating etc. situated not at the walls but as an "island" away from the walls. "Insular unit", "insular kitchen" seems acceptable, but google does not know it. I was also thinking about "isle unit" and "isle kitchen" (cf. the isle seat on board) but google again fails to confirm it.

      D.P.

    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2001
        >Could you please help me with the translation of "ostrovni sestava",
        >"ostrovni kuchyne"? Both terms appear in a document describing the
        >interior design of a high-standard apartment with electric appliance
        >for cooking, bar seating etc. situated not at the walls but as an
        >"island" away from the walls. "Insular unit", "insular kitchen"
        >seems acceptable, but google does not know it. I was also thinking
        >about "isle unit" and "isle kitchen" (cf. the isle seat on board)
        >but google again fails to confirm it.

        Island kitchen. (It's "aisle seat", BTW.)
        Michael

        Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
      • Rubkova
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
          Hi,
          I would say "kitchen Island" with reference to "service island" - vydejni
          ostrov v jidelne, restauraci

          Sarka

          Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com