Re: [Czechlist] TERMS: construction industry

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2001
      From: Kostas Zgafas <kzgafas@...>
      To: <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 5:04 PM
      Subject: [Czechlist] TERMS: construction industry

      Hi Kostas,

      I am not a native speaker so these might sound utterly stupid. I´ve put
      them together with the aid of the Borská/Gross construction dictionary.
      Even if they do sound silly they might set you thinking...

      > metal angle beads - kovové hrany
      > arches - klenby
      > plastering accessories - omitací prislusenství/doplnky/vybavení
      > concrete formwork - betonové bednení
      > timber engineering products - drevené technické vyrobky

      HTH

      Coilin
    • jrozek@amberg.cz
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@y..., "PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor"
        <coilin.oconnor@s...> wrote:
        > > metal angle beads - kovové hrany
        > > arches - klenby
        > > plastering accessories - omitací prislusenství/doplnky/vybavení
        > > concrete formwork - betonové bednení
        > > timber engineering products - drevené technické vyrobky
        >
        > HTH
        >
        > Coilin

        Hi,
        I'd just like to add that "concrete formwork" is simply "bedneni" -
        it is obviously not made of concrete, you cast concrete IN it.
        (Sometimes, bur rarely, it can be made of lightweight concrete panels
        that remain a part of the finished structure, so called "skryte
        bedneni"-concealed formwork ?)
        Arches can be "oblouky" as well, depending on the context.
        For "timber engineering products" I would suggest "drevene stavebni
        vyrobky". The "kovove hrany" are probably the things you use to
        protect corners of walls from chipping (bead -zesileny okraj, obruba,
        angle - uhelnik, podle A-C technickeho slovniku).

        Best,
        Jan