Re: [Czechlist] TERMS: relating to pet fish

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2001
      In a message dated 9/5/01 3:25:42 PM, hejzlar@... writes:

      >I am currently translating a list of products relating to pet fish into
      >English.
      >Could anybody help me translate the following terms, please?
      >1. pøísavky do akvária
      >2. 1krtítka na vzduchovací hadièky
      >3. porodnièky pro ivorodky

      If you would write these in ASCII, I might be able to read them, and maybe I
      could help you.

      JK
    • Jaroslav Hejzlar
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2001
        Hi, Jamie!
        thanks for responding. The terms I need are as follows:
        1. prisavky do akvaria (pr'i'savky) = takove gumove kolecko, ktere se pritiskne na stenu akvaria a podtlakem na ni samo drzi a slouzi jako uchyt pro nejake vnitrni zarizeni akvaria
        2. skrtitka na vzduchovaci hadicky (s'krti'tka na vzduchovaci' hadic'ky) = asi nejaka svorka, ktera se nasadi na hadicku rozvadejici vzduch po akvariu a stiskem ji uzavre
        3. porodnicky pro zivorodky (porodnic'ky pro z'ivorodky) = zarizeni, ve kterem zivorode ryby (livebearer fish) rodi mlade rybky
        Thank you once more in advance.
        Jarda Hejzlar

        >I am currently translating a list of products relating to pet fish into
        >English.
        >Could anybody help me translate the following terms, please?
        >1. pøísavky do akvária
        >2. 1krtítka na vzduchovací hadièky
        >3. porodnièky pro ivorodky

        If you would write these in ASCII, I might be able to read them, and maybe I
        could help you.

        JK

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Start here...

        Height:
        345678 ft 01234567891011in

        Weight:
        lbs. kg.

        Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

      • otto@pacholik.cz
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2001
          Chci vam vsem jenom oznamit, ze databaze clenu JTP je opet v provozu
          na adrese www.jtpunion.org.

          Otto
        • zehrovak@dr.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2001
            Hi Jarda,

            After running 'aquarium supplies' through Google and browsing around
            http://www.everythingfishy.com I can make the following suggestions:

            > 1. prisavky do akvaria (pr'i'savky) = takove gumove kolecko, ktere
            se pritiskne na stenu akvaria a podtlakem na ni samo drzi a slouzi
            jako uchyt pro nejake vnitrni zarizeni akvaria

            A pound to a penny that these are 'suckers'; check out 'airline
            suckers' and 'aquarium suckers'.

            > 2. skrtitka na vzduchovaci hadicky (s'krti'tka na vzduchovaci'
            hadic'ky) = asi nejaka svorka, ktera se nasadi na hadicku rozvadejici
            vzduch po akvariu a stiskem ji uzavre

            I strongly suspect these are 'check-valves' but run this through
            Google together with 'airline' and 'airstone' to get the overall
            picture.

            > 3. porodnicky pro zivorodky (porodnic'ky pro z'ivorodky) = zarizeni,
            ve kterem zivorode ryby (livebearer fish) rodi mlade rybky

            Can't figure this one out. As far as I can see, livebearers are
            simply put in a 'breeding tank' and taken out as soon as they give
            birth because when they feel peckish they quickly forget their
            parental instincts.