TERMS: relating to pet fish

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5 11:53 AM
      Hello, dear listmates!
      I am currently translating a list of products relating to pet fish into English.
      Could anybody help me translate the following terms, please?
      1. p��savky do akv�ria
      2. �krt�tka na vzduchovac� hadi�ky
      3. porodni�ky pro �ivorodky
      TIA,
      Jarda Hejzlar

    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5 6:48 PM
        In a message dated 9/5/01 3:25:42 PM, hejzlar@... writes:

        >I am currently translating a list of products relating to pet fish into
        >English.
        >Could anybody help me translate the following terms, please?
        >1. pøísavky do akvária
        >2. 1krtítka na vzduchovací hadièky
        >3. porodnièky pro ivorodky

        If you would write these in ASCII, I might be able to read them, and maybe I
        could help you.

        JK
      • Jaroslav Hejzlar
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5 11:00 PM
          Hi, Jamie!
          thanks for responding. The terms I need are as follows:
          1. prisavky do akvaria (pr'i'savky) = takove gumove kolecko, ktere se pritiskne na stenu akvaria a podtlakem na ni samo drzi a slouzi jako uchyt pro nejake vnitrni zarizeni akvaria
          2. skrtitka na vzduchovaci hadicky (s'krti'tka na vzduchovaci' hadic'ky) = asi nejaka svorka, ktera se nasadi na hadicku rozvadejici vzduch po akvariu a stiskem ji uzavre
          3. porodnicky pro zivorodky (porodnic'ky pro z'ivorodky) = zarizeni, ve kterem zivorode ryby (livebearer fish) rodi mlade rybky
          Thank you once more in advance.
          Jarda Hejzlar

          >I am currently translating a list of products relating to pet fish into
          >English.
          >Could anybody help me translate the following terms, please?
          >1. pøísavky do akvária
          >2. 1krtítka na vzduchovací hadièky
          >3. porodnièky pro ivorodky

          If you would write these in ASCII, I might be able to read them, and maybe I
          could help you.

          JK

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Start here...

          Height:
          345678 ft 01234567891011in

          Weight:
          lbs. kg.

          Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

        • otto@pacholik.cz
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5 11:14 PM
            Chci vam vsem jenom oznamit, ze databaze clenu JTP je opet v provozu
            na adrese www.jtpunion.org.

            Otto
          • zehrovak@dr.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6 4:26 PM
              Hi Jarda,

              After running 'aquarium supplies' through Google and browsing around
              http://www.everythingfishy.com I can make the following suggestions:

              > 1. prisavky do akvaria (pr'i'savky) = takove gumove kolecko, ktere
              se pritiskne na stenu akvaria a podtlakem na ni samo drzi a slouzi
              jako uchyt pro nejake vnitrni zarizeni akvaria

              A pound to a penny that these are 'suckers'; check out 'airline
              suckers' and 'aquarium suckers'.

              > 2. skrtitka na vzduchovaci hadicky (s'krti'tka na vzduchovaci'
              hadic'ky) = asi nejaka svorka, ktera se nasadi na hadicku rozvadejici
              vzduch po akvariu a stiskem ji uzavre

              I strongly suspect these are 'check-valves' but run this through
              Google together with 'airline' and 'airstone' to get the overall
              picture.

              > 3. porodnicky pro zivorodky (porodnic'ky pro z'ivorodky) = zarizeni,
              ve kterem zivorode ryby (livebearer fish) rodi mlade rybky

              Can't figure this one out. As far as I can see, livebearers are
              simply put in a 'breeding tank' and taken out as soon as they give
              birth because when they feel peckish they quickly forget their
              parental instincts.