Re: [Czechlist] Smileys drunk

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18, 2000
      >Hi all,

      >So, when shall we meet in Valtice?
      >
      >Zdenek

      Hi Zdenek,

      Myself, I would seriously consider having a nice weekend out there some time
      after Easter - if that is OK with Todd - so if anybody's idea of a fun
      weekend is to spend it with me in a wine-cellar then just get in touch ;)

      Melvyn
    • Melvyn Clarke
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 19, 2000

        > >>Myself, I would seriously consider having a nice weekend out there some
        > >time
        > >>after Easter - if that is OK with Todd - so if anybody's idea of a fun
        > >>weekend is to spend it with me in a wine-cellar then just get in touch
        >;)
        > >>
        > >>Melvyn
        >
        > >Good with me - first weekend in May my old Czech teacher from 10 years
        >ago
        > >is coming to visit, but any other weekend is probably good - just throw
        >out
        > >a date or two and I'll let you know, try to get a cellar arranged, etc.

        >So who's coming?
        >
        >Suggested dates (weekends):
        >April 29/30
        >May 13/14
        >May 20/21

        May 13/14 is ideal for me but I would also consider the alternatives. How
        about also setting a date and place for Praguers who are interested to get
        their heads together beforehand? Some Wednesday or Thursday evening
        perhaps??

        Melvyn

      • Melvyn Clarke
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2000
          >These dates are good with me. T

          >So, May 13/14?

          Sounds fine - but shall we leave a definite commitment until next week, in
          case we get input from others e.g. those on digest in the meantime? A couple
          of lurkers I know have actually expressed an interest privately but they are
          so terribly shy:). BTW what is the best word for "lurker" in Czech?
          Everybody laughs when I say "cihak" - how about "smirak" or "cumil" - are
          they not a little rude??

          > >but when on 26th, we can celebrate Otto�s saintsday (if he comes, of
          >course).
          >
          >Why not celebrate it even if he doesn't come? Do Czechs not drink to
          >"absent friends"? (Any excuse, eh?) ;-)
          >Rachel

          I am always happy to celebrate somebody else's saint's day to compensate for
          the fact that I don't have one of my own (no St. Melvyn as yet - though I am
          working on it). Are these name-days necessarily saint's days, though? Surely
          not.

          Wednesday 26th is good for me but I can consider Thursday too. Some time
          between 5 pm and 7 pm?? Cornucopia (beer at CZK 13?)??? Lurkers welcome as
          are all other list members.

          I once decided to choose a Czech name for myself by taking a Czech calendar
          and going "enyky benyky kliky be abr fabr domine" (eeny meeny miney mo,
          stick the baby on the po etc). I came up with

          Medard
        • Otto Pacholik
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 20, 2000
            > > >but when on 26th, we can celebrate Otto´s saintsday (if he comes, of
            > >course).
            Just one small comment. 26th is the nameday of Ota not Otto (I am with you
            Melvyn as I do not have actually any name day in the Czech calendar).
            However, I have nothing against celebrating, maybe spring or another topic
            (we will surely find out something :-)).

            > Wednesday 26th is good for me but I can consider Thursday too. Some time
            > between 5 pm and 7 pm?? Cornucopia (beer at CZK 13?)??? Lurkers
            I hope to be able to come this time to meet some of you.

            BR

            Otto
          • Zdenek_Bobek
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 23, 2000
              May 13/14 is the best for me.
              May 26/27 is OK too.

              If there is anybody from Brno or living near Brno, just tell me, I can give
              you a lift to Lednice.

              Zdenek
            • Melvyn Clarke
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 23, 2000
                >If there is anybody from Brno or living near Brno, just tell me, I can give
                you a lift to Lednice.

                Hi,

                Why Lednice? Why not all the way to Valtice?.:). Look forward to meeting up
                with you,
                anyway, Zdenek.

                BTW just to confirm - we are meeting at Cornucopia on Jungmannova, Wednesday
                26th at 5 pm. You can recognise me by _the secret sign_ (a silly grinning
                face sharply tilted to the left)
                or for the traditionalists amongst you, I am 5' 5" tall and sleazy-looking
                with something that
                looks half like a beard and half like extreme moral lassitude. Todd, again
                many thanks
                for the offer. Will keep you informed.

                Melvyn

                FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
              • Zdenek_Bobek
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 23, 2000

                  > Why Lednice? Why not all the way to Valtice?.:). Look forward to meeting
                  up
                  > with you,
                  > anyway, Zdenek.

                  OH! I meant Valtice, of course.

                  Zdenek
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 24, 2000
                    You can always say - (pasivni) pozorovatel
                    Martin

                    As to the day, OK with me so far, but who knows what the God himself or my
                    clients would do within the next two weeks?

                    > >These dates are good with me. T
                    >
                    > >So, May 13/14?
                    >
                    > Sounds fine - but shall we leave a definite commitment until next week, in
                    > case we get input from others e.g. those on digest in the meantime? A
                    couple
                    > of lurkers I know have actually expressed an interest privately but they
                    are
                    > so terribly shy:). BTW what is the best word for "lurker" in Czech?
                    > Everybody laughs when I say "cihak" - how about "smirak" or "cumil" - are
                    > they not a little rude??
                    >
                    > > >but when on 26th, we can celebrate Otto´s saintsday (if he comes, of
                    > >course).
                    > >
                    > >Why not celebrate it even if he doesn't come? Do Czechs not drink to
                    > >"absent friends"? (Any excuse, eh?) ;-)
                    > >Rachel
                    >
                    > I am always happy to celebrate somebody else's saint's day to compensate
                    for
                    > the fact that I don't have one of my own (no St. Melvyn as yet - though I
                    am
                    > working on it). Are these name-days necessarily saint's days, though?
                    Surely
                    > not.
                    >
                    > Wednesday 26th is good for me but I can consider Thursday too. Some time
                    > between 5 pm and 7 pm?? Cornucopia (beer at CZK 13?)??? Lurkers welcome
                    as
                    > are all other list members.
                    >
                    > I once decided to choose a Czech name for myself by taking a Czech
                    calendar
                    > and going "enyky benyky kliky be abr fabr domine" (eeny meeny miney mo,
                    > stick the baby on the po etc). I came up with
                    >
                    > Medard

                    > 10% Off FogDog.com, Disney.com, eCost.com and many more.
                    > You get paid as you shop with the Pointclick network.
                    >
                    > Czechlist homepage:
                    > http://www.egroups.com/group/Czechlist
                    >
                    > Community email addresses:
                    > Post message: Czechlist@egroups.com
                    > Subscribe: Czechlist-subscribe@egroups.com
                    > Digest: Czechlist-digest@egroups.com

                  • Todd Hammond
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 24, 2000
                      I am 5' 5" tall and sleazy-looking
                      >with something that
                      >looks half like a beard and half like extreme moral lassitude.

                      Gosh, Melvyn, how are they gonna tell us apart? Do you wear glasses, too?

                      TNH