TERM: Aide Memoire

  • Irena Steinerova
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2001
      Hi,
      Does anyone know whether the above term should be translated into Czech or
      left as it is? And if translated, how?

      And anouther question which may be obvious but I would like to make sure:
      a price net of the VAT 22% = a price without VAT, right?

      Thanks!
      Irena
      (still 150 messages behind after a 2-week holiday...)
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2001
        Dear Irena,

        Webster's on aide-memoire:
        a memorandum summarizing a discussion, agreement, or action

        Jiri Elman and Kamila Semberova's dictionary:
        pametni [pame^tni'] spis

        Jirka Bolech
      • otto@pacholik.cz
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2001
          Aide memoire je vetsinou zaznam, zprava, kontrolni seznam apod.
          (cesky ekvivalent bych voli podle obsahu vlastniho sdeleni).

          Pametni spis, uvadeny v nekterych slovnicich, mne pripada ponekud
          mimo misu.

          Otto
        • Simon Vollam
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2001
            > And anouther question which may be obvious but I would like to make
            >sure:
            > a price net of the VAT 22% = a price without VAT, right?
            >
            > Thanks!
            > Irena
            > (still 150 messages behind after a 2-week holiday...)

            It's by no means obvious, but yes "net of VAT" means not including
            VAT (unless I am very much mistaken!).

            Simon
            (also struggling to catch up after a marvellous few days' walking,
            cycling and mushroom-picking in Sumava)
          • karel6005@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
              "Aide - mémoire je neformalni diplomaticky dokument, ktery obsahuje
              skutecnosti sdelene ustne. Predava se pri navstevach jako pomucka
              zejmena tehdy, ma-li se vyloucit nespravne pochopeni nebo nepresny
              vyklad faktu sdelenych ustne. cilem je napomoci snadnejsimu reseni
              projednavanych zalezitosti.

              Aide - mémoire se pise na cisty papir bez data, bez adresy a ve treti
              osobe s pouzitim bezpodmetovych obratu (pripomina se, že ...;
              upozornuje se na ...).

              Aide - mémoire se neopatruje razitkem a nepodepisuje se, ani
              neparafuje."

              Tak pravi cerninsky skolici pamflet. Takze se to nepreklada, pokud to
              je v tomhle kontextu.

              BR

              Karel (a second-hand colonial officer ;-)