ammo and rimfire

  • Tony Long
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29 10:38 AM
      Everyone correct unless the context is dealing with early breech-loaders,
      around a century or so old, in which there are other options. If so, let me
      know
      the full paragraph/background and I'll fill in.

      I always thought that rimfire was one word, but I'm off station for guns
      reference at the moment.

      Best

      Tony
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29 11:45 AM
        --- In Czechlist@y..., "Tony Long" <tonylong@i...> wrote:
        > I always thought that rimfire was one word . . ..

        That might well be the preferred spelling, over "rim fire" or "rim-
        fire." Thanks!
      • jpelkacz@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30 12:08 AM
          Hi Michael, Tony, et al,

          thanks for all comments and suggestions -

          the context for the whole thing is

          "Common list of militasry equipment covered by the EU code of conduct
          on arms export

          General technology note

          1. Arms and automatic weapons with a calibre of 12.7 mm (calibre 0.50
          inches) or less and accessories, as follows, and specially designed
          components therefore:

          Technical note
          Note 3: item 1 does not control weapons using non-centre fire cased
          ammunition and which are not of the fully automatic firing type.

          Jiri