Re: Thanks: Dog breeding terms

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2001
      > Try www.the-kennel-club.org.uk for the differences between horse-breeding
      > terms and dog-breeding terms.

      Thanks a million Tony! (I had a feeling that you would be the one with an
      interest in this area). I must say, it does feel a bit strange writing a
      Loan of Bitch Agreement, even though that seems to be the official term for
      such a contract (according to the Breeding of Dogs Act). Context is
      everything I suppose

      > And if you think that the Irish 'tend to let [their] dogs make their own
      > arrangements, look up the prices and pedigrees of Irish-bred wolfhounds
      and
      > setters sometime......

      You´re absolutely right of course, although why anyone would want to pay
      heaps of money for what, in my experience, are totally stupid hyper dogs is
      beyond me.

      Best regards

      Coilin