Re: [Czechlist] ABBREVIATION: VOS

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
      To my knowledge, the term stakeholders is used for a group of people that
      have interest in a company (and vice versa, company in them), so, its is a
      broader therm than shareholders, which is people who own shares.

      Stakeholders include shareholders, management, employees, resellers, people
      who do services for a company, everyone who'll be better off if the company
      does well and therefore wants to know about how it's doing, etc....it's
      basically the "closer" and more involved part of "public" for which PR is
      done - in a special way.......

      I think I came up with a Czech translation one day, but not sure what it was
      at the moment, think it may have had something to do with "zajmova skupina",
      but wouldn't put my hand on fire for it.......

      Matej

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
        >I don't want to make it a big deal - it isn't, but I don't have a clue what
        >"stakeholders" at the top of the chart mean either. Just if it rings a bell
        >to you, let me know. Please, don't spend your precious time searching your
        >resources.

        "Stakeholders" is a word whose meaning comprises the various groups
        listed in that column: customers, employees, shareholders, and the
        community (plus suppliers, lenders, etc.)--i.e. anyone who has a
        "stake" in a business.

        Sorry, I can't make anything of "VOS".

        Michael

        Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
      • zehrovak@dr.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
          Jirka B. wrote:
          > I don't have a
          clue what "stakeholders" at the top of the chart mean either.

          I have seen 'stakeholder theory' translated as 'teorie
          zainteresovanych' and 'stakeholder' in its most general sense
          translated as 'zainteresovany ucastnik' - elsewhere 'podilnik'.