VIRUS alert (I'm clean!)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2001
      Hi List,

      I just cleaned a SirCam virus off my compo - received it in an Email with
      word attachment and a .pif (I think) extension. Was stupid enough to open
      it, because it came from a known person..and I was in.

      It seems to be sending itself to random addresses taken from html files
      saved on your computer, but if you received a strange attachment from me
      recently and deleted it, fine, if you opened it, have a look at:

      http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2776123,00.html

      http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSymptoms.asp?virus_k=99141

      There's a nifty little program that gets rid of this thing for you
      automatically at:

      http://www.mcafeeb2b.com/naicommon/avert/avert-research-center/tools/i10.asp

      Sorry if I infected you, look for Emails with subjects that are same as
      attached documents and containing text similar to:

      Subject: [filename (random)]
      Body: Hi! How are you?
      I send you this file in order to have your advice
      or I hope you can help me with this file that I send
      or I hope you like the file that I sendo you
      or This is the file with the information that you ask for
      See you later. Thanks

      Matej

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
        Matej, thanks a real lot,

        I will try the same as you did (hopefully I get the same result...)