Re: conservator?

  • livingston@seznam.cz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2001
      > I agree (and also generally use "conservatorship/conservator"), although
      > "Business Central Europe", a publication I respect, regularly uses
      > "forced administration" for "nucená správa".

      Maybe I should be afraid to say so, but I at least had never heard the term
      "conservator" before, nice a term as it is. So it might be a good idea to
      define it when first using it.

      As a side note, I saw the phrase "placed under regulatory control" used in
      the AIG 10-K report in a context similar to the Czech phrase "byla uvalena
      nucena sprava". Of course, that doesn't help much for "nuceny spravce".

      The argument for "forced administrator" would be that it is comprehensible
      at first glance, which in many situations is more desirable than something
      that is elegant but, to many, incomprehensible.

      Nathan Cutler