TITLE

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
      Hey, everybody!

      How's THIS for a wild European title: "Prof. ing. dr. techn. M. Fanderlík".

      If he had a lot of colleagues with similar titles, formal staff meetings must
      have lasted forever. Does anyone know a longer one?

      I think in Hungary he would be "Fanderlík M. techn. dr. ing. prof." or maybe
      ".forp .gni .rd .nhcet .M kílrednaF". I'm not sure how they handle titles
      down there. All I know is that the Hungarian word for secretary is
      "kaféváros^".

      Jamie
    • Sabina Králová
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
        I believe I know a better one (it's real!!!):

        RNDr. Mgr. Závoda PhD. CSc.
        Sabina
      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
          In a message dated 7/2/01 2:44:48 PM, Sabina.Kralova@... writes:

          >I believe I know a better one (it's real!!!):
          >
          >RNDr. Mgr. Závoda PhD. CSc.

          Well, the text I'm translating beats even that:

          Prof. ing. dr. techn. Bárta DrSc.

          Jamie
        • Simon Vaughan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2001
            > How's THIS for a wild European title: "Prof. ing. dr. techn. M.
            > Fanderlík".
            >
            > If he had a lot of colleagues with similar titles, formal staff meetings
            > must have lasted forever. Does anyone know a longer one?

            It's not something I like to mention, but my own title is quite
            considerably long:

            Sir Simon Vaughan B&B (Oxen) IMHO VIP OIEO 10 mil. CZK

            But I hope you will continue to think of me as the same old Simon.
          • Michael Grant
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2001
              >Sir Simon Vaughan B&B (Oxen) IMHO VIP OIEO 10 mil. CZK
              ^^^^
              I always thought it was ... EIEIO!

              Michael

              Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954