Re: TERM: nuceny spravce

  • Simon Vollam
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
      --- In Czechlist@y..., zehrovak@d... wrote:

      > The property subject to bankruptcy proceedings constitutes the
      > bankrupt estate which is administered by the bankruptcy trustee
      (also
      > referred to as the 'trustee in bankruptcy' or the 'administrator of
      > the bankruptcy estate').
      >
      > Elsewhere I have seen 'liquidator', 'receiver', and 'referee in
      > bankruptcy' for 'spravce konkurzni podstaty'.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > M.

      To my knowledge, "receiver", "liquidator" and "trustee in bankruptcy"
      are broadly synonymous to the layman. However, they each have
      different legalistic definitions, and those definitions vary from
      nation to nation. So it is very difficult to find exact equivalents
      for the Czech term, especially as the Czech bankruptcy law and
      process is very different to that in the UK or USA, for example.

      "Receiver" sounds like a safe one-size-fits-all term to me (for
      bankruptcy proceedings, not for bank conservatorship).

      Simon
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
        >I often see the term translated as "forced administrator", which
        >sounds a bit Czenglish to me.

        I agree (and also generally use "conservatorship/conservator"),
        although "Business Central Europe", a publication I respect,
        regularly uses "forced administration" for "nucená správa".

        Michael

        Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954