TERM In her own hand

  • zehrovak@dr.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
      --- In Czechlist@y..., Sabina Králová <Sabina.Kralova@c...> wrote:
      > Hallo everybody,
      >
      > Would anybody know a proper term for "vlastni rukou" (signature of
      the Prime
      > Minister on a government order). Thanks
      > Sabina Kralova

      Hullo Sabina,

      I'd say "in her/his own hand" is normally used in such contexts. For
      example, there is a book entitled "Reagan, In His Own Hand" though I'm
      not convinced that he really did colour it in ALL by himself;).

      M.
    • Sabina Králová
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
        Thanks for help! Does any of you have experience with Mironet computers
        ("silent computer")? I have bought one (T3 noise protection), and it is as
        noisy as any other regular computer (and it cost CZK 5 000 (at least + more
        expensive processor).
        Sabina
      • padamek@mbox.dkm.cz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
          Kdysi jsem si dal vyhotovit overeny preklad sveho diplomu a soudni
          prekladatel mi "v.r." prelozil jako "m.p.". Predpokladam, ze to je z
          latinskeho "manu propria". Jestli se to skutecne na urednich
          listinach v anglictine pouziva, to ovsem nevim.
          Mimochodem, C-A pravnicky slovnik (Oberova a kol.)uvadi "in one's own
          writing", ale verim Melvynovi, ze "hand" bude beznejsi.
          Petr