HELP TERM: Direct report

  • Petr Adamek
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      Prosim vas, neznate nekdo vyraz "direct report" v souvislosti s rozvojem
      personalu a odpovednosti bosse? Ja mam pocit, ze je to neco jako "kadrova
      rezerva", clovek, na jehoz odborny rust vedouci osobne dohlizi.
      Tak napriklad spatny vedouci "May not know the aspirations of direct
      reports, may not hold career discussions, may not push people to take their
      development seriously", kdezto dobry vedouci "pushes direct reports to
      accept developmental moves", "will take direct reports who need work",
      kdezto neprilis dobry vedouci "may concentrate on the development of a few
      direct reports at the expense of the team", "may be overly optimistic about
      how far direct reports can grow".
      Za pouceni predem dekuji
      Petr Adamek
    • Adámková Kamila Mgr.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
        A nebude to primy podrizeny?

        Kamila

      • Rachel Thompson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
          > Prosim vas, neznate nekdo vyraz "direct report" v souvislosti s
          rozvojem
          > personalu a odpovednosti bosse?

          Hi Petr,

          As far as I know, a boss's "direct report" is someone who reports
          directly to him, i.e. somebody who is directly underneath him in the
          company hierarchy. It's the opposite of a "direct superior".

          So if Fred Bloggs reports to John Smith, Fred is John's "direct report"
          and John is Fred's "direct superior".

          Hope this helps!

          Rachel