TERM: Urad prumysloveho vlastnictvi

  • Irena Steinerová
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2000
      Hi,
      Could anybody tell me whether there is an official translation of "Urad prumysloveho vlastnictvi"? I would otherwise use "Industrial Property Office/Bureau".
      And what may "proslula ochranna znamka" be? Famous trade-mark? I guess "notorious" is not the right word here! :-)

      TIA,
      Irena
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2000
        >Could anybody tell me whether there is an official translation of
        >"Urad prumysloveho vlastnictvi"? I would otherwise use "Industrial
        >Property Office/Bureau".

        I interviewed its deputy director once in a previous life as a
        journalist. His business card said "Industrial Property Office".

        >And what may "proslula ochranna znamka" be? Famous trade-mark? I
        >guess "notorious" is not the right word here! :-)

        Hard to choose the right word without a little more context. Maybe
        "well-known", but I guess "famous" could work.

        Michael

        Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (817) 514-6413