Re: [Czechlist] Legal term - URGENT, please help

  • Michael Trittipo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
      >"vecne a mistne prislusny soud"

      Co "[a|the] court having subject matter and personal jurisdiction"? Mozna,
      ze bych mel hned pridat, ze vyraz "*personal* jurisdiction" v anglictine
      znamena, ze soud je *mistne* prislusny.

      "The simplest purpose is to provide an alternative to dismissal for lack of
      personal or subject matter jurisdiction."
      http://www.law.upenn.edu/bll/ulc/fnact99/1990s/utla91.htm

      "There are two distinct forms of jurisdiction that are relevant in any case
      viz. 'personal jurisdiction' and 'subject matter jurisdiction'. . . .
      As discussed above, generally a court must possess both personal and
      subject matter jurisdiction to determine any case."
      http://www.bileta.ac.uk/98papers/dutson.html

      "Personal jurisdiction is the power of a court or similar tribunal over an
      individual or over property. Unless a court has both subject matter and
      personal jurisdiction, its judgments are not legally effective. . . .
      with process while physically within the territory of the state,<<<<< and
      also are given jurisdiction over any property physically located within the
      territorial limits of the state when that property is attached."
      http://mantle.sbs.umass.edu/vmag/PJ2.HTM

      Temi >> << oznacuji vysvetleni toho, ze slovo "personal" znamena taky
      "mistne" v tom pripade. Tak se nemusi nekdo bat toho, ze jeden system si
      zvolil pridavne jmeno "personal", zatimco druhe si zvolil pridavne jmeno
      "mistne". V obou pripadech, jde hlavne o to, zda existuje prislusny vztah
      mezi obvinenym i teritorii kde je soud.

      Michael Trittipo
      Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
      mailto:tritt002@...
    • Alena Jetelinova
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
        Thank you, Simon and Melvyn, for finding a bit of time to help me out. I
        really appreciate it.

        "The court appropriate to the location and the type of case" sounds really
        good to me, I am going to use it.

        Have a great weekend everyone!!

        Alena

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • zehrovak@dr.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2001
          --- In Czechlist@y..., Alena Jetelinova <a_jetelinova@y...> wrote:
          > Thank you, Simon and Melvyn, for finding a bit of time to help me
          out. I
          > really appreciate it.
          >
          > "The court appropriate to the location and the type of case" sounds
          really
          > good to me, I am going to use it.

          ACTually, I reckon Simon and Michael's solution sounds better in
          formal contexts.

          Melvyn
        • David Fuchs
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 4, 2001
            I very much appreciate your help,
            Simon, Melvyn, Tony and Michael (in order of appearance on my screen).
            T h a n k s

            David
            !°-°! (busy)