Re: Legal term - URGENT, please help

  • zehrovak@dr.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2 6:13 AM
      --- In Czechlist@y..., Alena Jetelinova <a_jetelinova@y...> wrote:
      > Ahoj vsem v sobotu rano,
      >
      > mam tu jednu smlouvu pres vikend a trochu si lamu hlavu nad spravnym
      > znenim nasledujiciho:
      >
      > "vecne a mistne prislusny soud"
      >
      > Dekuji vsem predem za pomoc.
      >
      > Alena J.

      Hello Alena,

      A few ideas to play around with:

      Venue for the action is in the court applicable to the location
      www.commissions.leg.state.mn.us/lcpr/mtg%20materials/032001-2.htm

      it may be necessary for a claim to be heard in a court appropriate
      for the type of case
      http://www.open.gov.uk/lcd/civil/cmpaper/cmchap2.htm.

      When someone is charged with any sort of crime, the person will be
      tried in the court appropriate to hear the case.
      http://www.barlinc.org/divisions/yld/publications/drugsalc.html

      District Registries may be filed in the Chancery District Registry of
      the High Court appropriate to the area in which the decision was made.
      http://www.open.gov.uk/lcd/civil/procrules_fin/insolvcy.pdf

      … who report to the District Court appropriate to the location of the
      crime or offence.
      http://www.scotland.gov.uk/library3/law/iscjis6.pdf

      only by order of the court competent to hear the case and after ...
      http://www.hri.ca/fortherecord1998/documentation/tbodies/cat-c-37-
      add1.htm

      The court competent to hear the proceedings, which is normally the
      County Court.
      http://www.oecd.org/daf/nocorruption/pdf/report/Spain.pdf _

      If access is denied by a municipal or local agency, appeal is by
      verified petition in the geographically appropriate Court of Common
      Pleas.
      http://www.rcfp.org/tapping/index.cgi?PA136

      Myself, I would suggest:

      "The court appropriate to the location and the type of case"

      Any improvements, anybody??

      Enjoy your weekend.

      Melvyn
    • Simon Vaughan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2 7:45 AM
        Afternoon, Alena and Melvyn.

        > > "vecne a mistne prislusny soud"
        >
        > "The court appropriate to the location and the type of case"
        >
        > Any improvements, anybody??

        Wouldn't "jurisdiction" cover both ideas:

        "the court that has jurisdiction (over the case)"?

        Simon
      • Michael Trittipo
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2 7:49 AM
          >"vecne a mistne prislusny soud"

          Co "[a|the] court having subject matter and personal jurisdiction"? Mozna,
          ze bych mel hned pridat, ze vyraz "*personal* jurisdiction" v anglictine
          znamena, ze soud je *mistne* prislusny.

          "The simplest purpose is to provide an alternative to dismissal for lack of
          personal or subject matter jurisdiction."
          http://www.law.upenn.edu/bll/ulc/fnact99/1990s/utla91.htm

          "There are two distinct forms of jurisdiction that are relevant in any case
          viz. 'personal jurisdiction' and 'subject matter jurisdiction'. . . .
          As discussed above, generally a court must possess both personal and
          subject matter jurisdiction to determine any case."
          http://www.bileta.ac.uk/98papers/dutson.html

          "Personal jurisdiction is the power of a court or similar tribunal over an
          individual or over property. Unless a court has both subject matter and
          personal jurisdiction, its judgments are not legally effective. . . .
          with process while physically within the territory of the state,<<<<< and
          also are given jurisdiction over any property physically located within the
          territorial limits of the state when that property is attached."
          http://mantle.sbs.umass.edu/vmag/PJ2.HTM

          Temi >> << oznacuji vysvetleni toho, ze slovo "personal" znamena taky
          "mistne" v tom pripade. Tak se nemusi nekdo bat toho, ze jeden system si
          zvolil pridavne jmeno "personal", zatimco druhe si zvolil pridavne jmeno
          "mistne". V obou pripadech, jde hlavne o to, zda existuje prislusny vztah
          mezi obvinenym i teritorii kde je soud.

          Michael Trittipo
          Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
          mailto:tritt002@...
        • Alena Jetelinova
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2 10:44 AM
            Thank you, Simon and Melvyn, for finding a bit of time to help me out. I
            really appreciate it.

            "The court appropriate to the location and the type of case" sounds really
            good to me, I am going to use it.

            Have a great weekend everyone!!

            Alena

            a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          • zehrovak@dr.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2 11:20 AM
              --- In Czechlist@y..., Alena Jetelinova <a_jetelinova@y...> wrote:
              > Thank you, Simon and Melvyn, for finding a bit of time to help me
              out. I
              > really appreciate it.
              >
              > "The court appropriate to the location and the type of case" sounds
              really
              > good to me, I am going to use it.

              ACTually, I reckon Simon and Michael's solution sounds better in
              formal contexts.

              Melvyn
            • David Fuchs
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4 12:51 PM
                I very much appreciate your help,
                Simon, Melvyn, Tony and Michael (in order of appearance on my screen).
                T h a n k s

                David
                !°-°! (busy)