HELP

  • Miroslav Herold
    Message 1 of 51 , May 21, 2001
      Hi all,

      a short paragraph dealing with ECB contains following sentence:
      Even though the mood in Frankfurt remains cautious, not to say hawkish, we believe that the ECB will eventually adopt a forward looking view and cut rates by 75 bp before the summer, starting probably in March.

      The problems are "hawkish" - this term is usually used in the US political scene (doves/hawks), I have not found it in the financial context as yet. "jestrab" tady jaksi nesedi. Any idea welcomed.
      The second one is "bp". What does this abbreviation stand for? base points??
      Usually in this context "procentni body" are found. Has anybody a reference to an acronym dictionary containing financial acronyms? Computer acronyms dictionaries I have do not offer a reasonable solution.

      TIA

      Mirek

      Ing. Miroslav HEROLD, CSc.

      Tlumo�n�k/p�ekladatel/poradce/voln� novin��

      Tel.: 00420 2 51554950

      Mobil: 0606 865870

      E-mail: miroslav_herold@..., mherold@...

    • Sarka Rubkova