Sawclose

    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2001
      Hello,

      I have this in the same textbook text as the "hop on/hop off" stuff:
      "Sawclose, next to the Theatre Royal.". It's a text about Bath, England.
      The sentence is at the end of a paragraph about "The Vault Restaurants"
      and a phone number follows (might be of the restaurants). What does this
      <Sawclose> mean, does someone know?

      Jirka Bolech
    • Simon Vollam
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@y..., Jirka Bolech <jirka.bolech@s...> wrote:
        > What does this <Sawclose> mean, does someone know?

        It's the name of a street.

        Simon