Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Czechlist] Question

Expand Messages
  • Rachel Thompson
    ... Can ... I m no expert, so you don t have to take my word for it, but is there not such a thing as a hammer drill ? I don t just mean those enormous
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2000
      > > I cannot find the term of "priklepove vrtani" for the world anywhere.
      > > anyone help?
      > Cesko-anglicky technicky slovnik does not say it, but it has: "vibracni" -
      > vibrating drilling.
      > Is not "priklepove" the same as "vibracni"? I don´t know, it´s just my
      > suggestion. If it can be substituted, I would also suggest to replace
      > "vibrating drilling" by "vibration drilling".

      I'm no expert, so you don't have to take my word for it, but is there not
      such a thing as a "hammer drill"? I don't just mean those enormous
      pneumatic drills for digging holes in the road, but smaller ones (although
      pretty sturdy big things as hand-held drills go) for making big holes in
      interior walls etc. They have a special hammer drill bit, and have a
      hammering action like the pneumatic drill. So if you can have a hammer
      drill, surely you can have "hammer drilling" (?) I've used the term before,
      but I wasn't entirely sure I was right then...
      (Oh, and if you're going with vibration not hammer, I'd say it should be
      vibration not vibrating drilling, as Kostas says.)
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.