Re: [Czechlist] conglameration

  • Tony Long
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2001
      Jirka, thanks. My SOED, Webster's, and Chambers all say much the same, but
      Google was littered with quasi-taxonomic uses of it and I was beginning to
      doubt my own judgement. The big problem in technical animal taxonomy is that
      every word for a grouping takes on a its own meaning, in much the same way
      as we have all discussed at length with aspects of Euro-speak and legal
      English. I was wondering if they'd invented a new one while my back was
      turned.

      Best

      Tony