Re: [Czechlist] TERM: Prevzate vysilani

  • Michael Trittipo
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25, 2001
      For "retransmission" near "initial transmission," see, e.g., part of the
      U.S. copyright law:
      http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/114.html. You'll find an EU
      use at http://www.fs.dk/uk/acts/eu/d97_36uk.htm.

      Michael Trittipo
      Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
      mailto:tritt002@...
    • Simon Vollam
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@y..., Michael Trittipo <tritt002@t...> wrote:
        > For "retransmission" near "initial transmission," see, e.g., part
        of the
        > U.S. copyright law:
        > http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/114.html. You'll
        find an EU
        > use at http://www.fs.dk/uk/acts/eu/d97_36uk.htm.

        I think you're right, Michael. I found the following quote in Britske
        listy:

        "Tim se Ceska republika priblizi evropskemu standardu, kdy prevzate
        vysilani, tj. pouha retranslace programu, nepotrebuje..."

        http://www.britskelisty.cz/0010/20001012i.html

        Simon
      • karel6005@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2001
          Thanks Simon and Michael for your contributions.

          Based on the context I think "retransmission" or "retranslace" is
          something else. It is a complete and unchanged transmission of a
          programme of e.g. BBC or any other TV channel so that it is available
          on the given territory in the same form as elsewhere. On the other
          hand "prevzate vysilani", I think, is something which can be further
          modified to a certain extent, e.g. by dubbing or subtitles, or
          specific advertisements, etc. For instance Eurosport in Czech is in
          my opinion "prevzate vysilani", but I do not think it
          is "retransmission", since it is partially different from Eurosport
          if you watch it e.g. in Austria or Germany.

          So I will continue in burying myself in the dry stuff of EU law
          bureaucratese and find my way out somehow.

          Thanks once more and BR

          Karel