Re: [Czechlist] TERM: Prevzate vysilani

  • Michael Trittipo
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25, 2001
      At 11:30 2001/04/25 -0000, you wrote:
      >I am working now on the text of a law, which refers very frequently
      >to "prevzate vysilani" -- contrary to "puvodni vysilani". I would

      Is your text talking about retransmission? That's the first term that
      comes to mind.

      Michael Trittipo
      Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
      mailto:tritt002@...
    • Michael Trittipo
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 25, 2001
        For "retransmission" near "initial transmission," see, e.g., part of the
        U.S. copyright law:
        http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/114.html. You'll find an EU
        use at http://www.fs.dk/uk/acts/eu/d97_36uk.htm.

        Michael Trittipo
        Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
        mailto:tritt002@...
      • Simon Vollam
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2001
          --- In Czechlist@y..., Michael Trittipo <tritt002@t...> wrote:
          > For "retransmission" near "initial transmission," see, e.g., part
          of the
          > U.S. copyright law:
          > http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/114.html. You'll
          find an EU
          > use at http://www.fs.dk/uk/acts/eu/d97_36uk.htm.

          I think you're right, Michael. I found the following quote in Britske
          listy:

          "Tim se Ceska republika priblizi evropskemu standardu, kdy prevzate
          vysilani, tj. pouha retranslace programu, nepotrebuje..."

          http://www.britskelisty.cz/0010/20001012i.html

          Simon
        • karel6005@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2001
            Thanks Simon and Michael for your contributions.

            Based on the context I think "retransmission" or "retranslace" is
            something else. It is a complete and unchanged transmission of a
            programme of e.g. BBC or any other TV channel so that it is available
            on the given territory in the same form as elsewhere. On the other
            hand "prevzate vysilani", I think, is something which can be further
            modified to a certain extent, e.g. by dubbing or subtitles, or
            specific advertisements, etc. For instance Eurosport in Czech is in
            my opinion "prevzate vysilani", but I do not think it
            is "retransmission", since it is partially different from Eurosport
            if you watch it e.g. in Austria or Germany.

            So I will continue in burying myself in the dry stuff of EU law
            bureaucratese and find my way out somehow.

            Thanks once more and BR

            Karel