Re: [Czechlist] Computer Aided Translation

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2000
      Regarding CAT and/or MT, it is quite normal, and let´s admit that the issue
      makes us quite uncomfortable. Well, translators help to overcome gaps
      between langauges, but to keep that job going, we need these gaps staying.

      However, I really believe that what´s going on today will bring new
      opportunities for translators. Just as an example: Web based B2B solutions
      will be localized. All these things are just in English today. In general,
      Internet is stiil just in its early age, and localization of Internet
      content will be growing and growing. In case of B2B (B2C), here we are
      talking about very interactive solutions. Their localization will require
      not just language skills, but also Internet knowledge and knowledge of a
      specific field of the particular B2B or B2C. Etc, etc... But to get an idea
      about these things, one needs to search very extensively on the Internet and
      do really thorough search.

      Kostas
    • Todd Hammond
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2000
        From: Melvyn Clarke <zehrovak@...>
        To: Czechlist@onelist.com <Czechlist@onelist.com>
        Date: 2. dubna 2000 2:29
        Subject: Re: [Czechlist] Computer Aided Translation

        Dear Melvyn

        you don't have to go across the pond to find out what's happening with
        Voyager
        they show the Voyager series here (dubbed in Czech) as you may know,
        including reruns at night on weekends
        this weekend they're showing again the two part episode with the departure
        of Kes and the arrival of Seven of Nine! Tape it tonight if you've got a
        VCR.
        yes Kes is gone, but there's 7! Aside from her obvious physical
        characteristics and her Borg implants (and how does she run in those high
        heels?), she's the only other member of the cast besides the doctor who can
        actually act and be credible in such comic-book situations.
        But if you want to know more, try this website for summaries and reviews of
        every epsisode of the Voyager series, up to date to the middle of this
        March: