Re: [Czechlist] Electronic VACS

  • Dusan Papousek
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
      Dear Michael,

      at first I thought that you laugh at my spelling mistake ("pronounce
      something" and "pronunciation", but I do not think I made that mistake in my
      prevous message). Now I think that this is a misunderstanding: The PC
      Translator really has what t h e y call "psaná výslovnost", i.e. the
      standard way of indicating pronunciation in a dictionary, and then you
      switch to "mluvená výslovnost" if you wish and h e a r a beautiful voice
      (presumably) telling you how to pronounce the word.

      Dusan

      Message: 6
      Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:28:10 -0500
      From: Michael Grant <mgrant@...>
      Subject: Re: Electronic VACS

      >written
      >pronunciation (psaná v˜slovnost)

      I always mispronounce things when I write....
      Michael

      --
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
        >at first I thought that you laugh at my spelling mistake ("pronounce
        >something" and "pronunciation", but I do not think I made that mistake in my
        >prevous message).

        No, I didn't notice any spelling mistakes, and I wouldn't have
        written to make fun of you if I had.

        > Now I think that this is a misunderstanding: The PC
        >Translator really has what t h e y call "psaná v˜slovnost", i.e. the
        >standard way of indicating pronunciation in a dictionary,

        Aha, now it's clear.

        Michael

        Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954