[Czechlist] Re: Electronic VACS

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2001
      >written
      >pronunciation (psaná v˜slovnost)

      I always mispronounce things when I write....
      Michael

      Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
    • Dusan Papousek
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
        Dear Michael,

        at first I thought that you laugh at my spelling mistake ("pronounce
        something" and "pronunciation", but I do not think I made that mistake in my
        prevous message). Now I think that this is a misunderstanding: The PC
        Translator really has what t h e y call "psaná výslovnost", i.e. the
        standard way of indicating pronunciation in a dictionary, and then you
        switch to "mluvená výslovnost" if you wish and h e a r a beautiful voice
        (presumably) telling you how to pronounce the word.

        Dusan

        Message: 6
        Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:28:10 -0500
        From: Michael Grant <mgrant@...>
        Subject: Re: Electronic VACS

        --
      • Michael Grant
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
          >at first I thought that you laugh at my spelling mistake ("pronounce
          >something" and "pronunciation", but I do not think I made that mistake in my
          >prevous message).

          No, I didn't notice any spelling mistakes, and I wouldn't have
          written to make fun of you if I had.

          > Now I think that this is a misunderstanding: The PC
          >Translator really has what t h e y call "psaná v˜slovnost", i.e. the
          >standard way of indicating pronunciation in a dictionary,

          Aha, now it's clear.