Re: [Czechlist] CHAT: AHOJ and bible translations

  • Tony Long
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24 4:51 AM
      I think it's a given of the whole Goddess movement that the sacred texts of
      the Jews and the Christians have been manipulated by the politics of
      survival, propagation, mystical power plays, gender, and many other factors
      for a long, long time. The simple difference between a young woman and a
      virgin, for example, has catalysed its share of aggravation over the
      years.......

      Links associated with archaeologist Maria Gimbutas will get you to the
      prehistory, those associated with feminist theologist Asphodel Long will
      bring you to the Judaism-Goddess border, and 'The Alphabet and the Goddess',
      a book by physician Leonard Shlain published by Viking (1998) is an
      entertaining piece of quasi-mystical glibbery with a bibliography that
      covers the lot.

      Tony