Re: [Czechlist] Re: Fw: Vlak prijizdi do stanice

  • Monika
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2001
      :o))
      I only found this conversation unusefull unless letting THEM know. what
      would be the purpose of these slanders....
      so let us know someone...
      i often email to different authorities and most of the time I manage the
      rocks melt....
      once there was a problem on ... i forgot it's name... you know Plzenska
      street, so the opposite direction, there was a bus line for buses only. Of
      course it was stuck by cars and it took 3/4 hours, those 200 metres. I
      emailed the Police Traffic Dept. and the next morning LOTS of drivers were
      probably really angry at me cause there were 2 patrols and lots of cars
      stopped.
      A week ago I emailes a www.missczech.com
      administrator cause there was "typujte" instead of "tipujte". I got a
      thankful email withing 1/2 hour and the word was changed. I like doing these
      things. I can't save the world, but at least I can help with details. So if
      you see something again... let me know.. I will email them... they do not
      know... me neither.. i work as a translator and there are sooooo many
      mistakes in my work, but the point of it is to understand.... :o

      Remember the GRAND OPENING last fall....

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2001
        well if you want to promote me... well dont, but maybe you can help me with
        something... i see i cant be a translator cause my english is not THAT good,
        but I would like to be a proofreader, a freelance, so if you know about some
        work and look for someone... let me know please....i went to several
        competitions but I failed every time cause I dont want to work the
        full-time. :o)
        and does anyone know any web site with the poetry/prose competitions?
        thanks
        Monika
      • Zdenek Bobek
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2001
          Monika, you are right

          > I only found this conversation unusefull unless letting THEM know. what
          > would be the purpose of these slanders....
          > so let us know someone...
          > i often email to different authorities .....

          > I like doing these
          > things. I can't save the world, but at least I can help with details.

          You are the same type of idealistic person as I am. How nice to know that!

          > ... i work as a translator and there are sooooo many
          > mistakes in my work, but the point of it is to understand.... :o

          Everybody makes mistakes, the important thing is you know you make them

          > ... i see i cant be a translator cause my english is not THAT good,

          You CAN be a translator if you want to.
          A friend of mine often says: "If you want something badly enough, it will
          happen."
          That’s the point.

          > but I would like to be a proofreader, a freelance, so if you know about
          some
          > work and look for someone... let me know please

          Try BB Art in Prague, I do not know the address, but I heard they need both
          translators and proofreaders.

          Take care

          Bob