Re: [Czechlist] Witnesseth, sales value, ledvinka, etc.

  • martinjanda@volny.cz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 1:42 AM
      Hi folks,

      just reflecting (with a certain time lag due to my current full-time employment) some yesterday´s thoughts.

      Witnesseth: in the contract context shown (i.e. Contract between X and Y... withesseth), I would use

      Smlouva ...mezi....
      _Je dokladem toho, že:_
      (Whereas)... X je majitelem..., Y ho od nej koupí.

      Net Sales value - cista prodejni(trzni) hodnota, or cisty obrat came to my mind, as appropriate to the context? (The second one will fit better, I think)

      BTW, I was roaming through Dublin shops last week and this is what I has found out about "ledvinky": belt bag, money bag (a small one), bean bag (I like this one). Seems to be geopolitically correct :-). I believe we did not mention these in our past discussion, but have no idea whether these are atributable to Irish, Hong Kong or even Chinese English.

      Cheers!