Re: [Czechlist] TERM: acetates

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2001
      Hi, Monika!
      I would simply translate it as "fólie".
      Jarda Hejzlar
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: monika@...-net.cz
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 10:21 PM
      Subject: [Czechlist] TERM: acetates

      Any idea what does this term mean in the following sentence?:

      "Overhead transparencies: Present key workshop content; can be used
      as ACETATES or as digital files on a computer with a projection
      system"

      The text concerns presentation of Power Point slides to trainees
      during an educational program.

      TIA
      Monika C.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2001
        In a message dated 3/5/01 4:24:36 PM, monika@...-net.cz writes:

        >"Overhead transparencies: Present key workshop content; can be used
        >as ACETATES or as digital files on a computer with a projection
        >system"

        The content, i.e., the diagrams or whatever, can be projected from plastic
        sheets (i.e., acetate sheets), or they can be projected directly from the
        computer. In other words, you can print them onto clear plastic sheets for
        use in an overhead projector, or you can project them right from PowerPoint.