Re: [Czechlist] TERM: odtrhavaci vicko

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
      Nevedel by nekdo nahodou, jak prelozit odtrhavaci vicko? Tak jedna
      potravinarska firma oznacuje vicko na sardinkach, pepsi-cole a jinych
      konzervach, kdy clovek uchopi takoveto ocko a konzervu otevre.

      I don't know what the British call them, but in the US these are called "pop tops". You pull a ring and either peel back the metal top, or the ring pushes a tab inward. Those are pop tops bei uns.

      Jamie

      JK
    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
        >In British English it's a "ring-pull". I think the Americans call it
        a "pull tab".

        Yes, this would be more formal than "pop top".

        JK
      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
          >I do not know the official term (if there is any) but I would call it
          'peel-off lid'.

          Peel-off lids usually don't have rings, and they are usually lids, rather than integrated into the can itself. They can even be made of paper. I vote for "pull-tab opener", which someone else posted.

          JK
        • Mila Saskova-Pierce
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
            pull tab

            V Nebrasce tomu rikame takhle. Pull the tab off the Pepsi can.

            Mila

            >Nevedel by nekdo nahodou, jak prelozit odtrhavaci vicko? Tak jedna
            >potravinarska firma oznacuje vicko na sardinkach, pepsi-cole a jinych
            >konzervach, kdy clovek uchopi takoveto ocko a konzervu otevre.
            >
            >Diky predem za vase podnetne narvhy
            >
            >S uctou
            >
            >Tomas Skront

            >Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
            >
            >Subscribe: Czechlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            >Egroups addresses and URLs will continue to work.

            Dr. Mila Saskova-Pierce
            University of Nebraska
            1133 Oldfather Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588-0315
            Tel: (402) 472 1336