Re: [Czechlist] TERM: thin-client solutions

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 12:11 PM
      >Any idea what the term: "thin-client solutions" means? It´s used in banking
      >and insurance terminology. If someone knows, please let me know soon.

      It refers to networked software in which most of the processing is
      done on the server side rather than on the client side. The software
      on the user's computer (the "thin client") simply calls the server
      software and displays the results.
      I think possible Czech translations were discussed here recently, or
      maybe it was on the other list.

      Michael

      Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954