Re: [Czechlist] TERM: odtrhavaci vicko

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
      Tomas Skront se ptal:

      > Nevedel by nekdo nahodou, jak prelozit odtrhavaci vicko?

      Znam pouze vyraz <ring-pull opener>.

      Jirka Bolech
    • Barendregt
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
        Hi Tomas,

        I do not know the official term (if there is any) but I would call it
        'peel-off lid'.

        Tom
      • Michael Grant
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
          >In British English it's a "ring-pull". I think the Americans call it
          >a "pull tab".

          "Pull tab" is what occurred to me, but I'm not sure I'd use it for a
          sardine can where most or all of the top of the can pulls off. A pull
          tab is one of those old-style tabs on a beverage can that pulls all
          the way off. You hardly see them any more over here, as they've been
          replaced by push-in tabs that remain attached to the can.

          Michael

          Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
        • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
            Nevedel by nekdo nahodou, jak prelozit odtrhavaci vicko? Tak jedna
            potravinarska firma oznacuje vicko na sardinkach, pepsi-cole a jinych
            konzervach, kdy clovek uchopi takoveto ocko a konzervu otevre.

            I don't know what the British call them, but in the US these are called "pop tops". You pull a ring and either peel back the metal top, or the ring pushes a tab inward. Those are pop tops bei uns.

            Jamie

            JK
          • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
              >In British English it's a "ring-pull". I think the Americans call it
              a "pull tab".

              Yes, this would be more formal than "pop top".

              JK
            • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
                >I do not know the official term (if there is any) but I would call it
                'peel-off lid'.

                Peel-off lids usually don't have rings, and they are usually lids, rather than integrated into the can itself. They can even be made of paper. I vote for "pull-tab opener", which someone else posted.

                JK
              • Mila Saskova-Pierce
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2001
                  pull tab

                  V Nebrasce tomu rikame takhle. Pull the tab off the Pepsi can.

                  Mila

                  >Nevedel by nekdo nahodou, jak prelozit odtrhavaci vicko? Tak jedna
                  >potravinarska firma oznacuje vicko na sardinkach, pepsi-cole a jinych
                  >konzervach, kdy clovek uchopi takoveto ocko a konzervu otevre.
                  >
                  >Diky predem za vase podnetne narvhy
                  >
                  >S uctou
                  >
                  >Tomas Skront

                  >Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  >Subscribe: Czechlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  >Egroups addresses and URLs will continue to work.

                  Dr. Mila Saskova-Pierce
                  University of Nebraska
                  1133 Oldfather Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588-0315
                  Tel: (402) 472 1336