Re: [Czechlist] TERM: thin-client solutions

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
      Any idea what the term: "thin-client solutions" means? It´s used in banking
      and insurance terminology. If someone knows, please let me know soon.

      Thank you,

      K.
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
        >Any idea what the term: "thin-client solutions" means? It´s used in banking
        >and insurance terminology. If someone knows, please let me know soon.

        It refers to networked software in which most of the processing is
        done on the server side rather than on the client side. The software
        on the user's computer (the "thin client") simply calls the server
        software and displays the results.
        I think possible Czech translations were discussed here recently, or
        maybe it was on the other list.

        Michael

        Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954