Re: [Czechlist] Re: TERM: Radove

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 23, 2001
      In a message dated 2/23/01 3:53:28 AM, simon.vollam@... writes:

      >Seriously? You couldn't, even given the context, make a connection
      >between "in the order" and "on the order of"? I'd better be careful
      >next time I write "colour" or "cheque" - I don't want to become
      >unintelligible to a large chunk of the anglophone world.

      C'mon! Don't get sarcastic. Everybody knows "colour" and "cheque", but
      neither "in the order" and "on the order of" were intelligible to me in that

      >Anyway, I'm sorry to cause you dental problems, Jamie. Your teeth
      >seem to be have taken a battering recently, what with British English
      >and gender neutral language both molesting your molars. I sometimes
      >get the same sort of sensation if I bite into ice cream too hastily.

      Ages ago, when I was about 25, a female coworker told me never to bite into
      my ice cream at all. She claimed that my ideal woman might suddenly come
      down the street, see me biting ice cream, and assume I was an insensitive