[Czechlist] The Globe and Big Ben

  • Simon Vaughan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2001
      > >Thanks for Globe, everyone. I'll have to go & see next time I'm in
      > >Prague...

      Just be aware that they overcharge (for the books, not the food) and try to
      pass off patently second-hand books as new -- or is it just that the books
      get heavily fingered in the shop? I think that Big Ben on Mala Stupartska
      stocks a more interesting range of English-language books, particularly
      non-fiction, and I find its unpretentiousness more appealling than the
      snooty college-student atmosphere of The Globe.

      > Don't forget the article: it's *The* Globe.
      > The Michael
      > (The Donald says hi.)

      Hello, Donnie, well, hello, Donnie!

      A Simon