Re: [Czechlist] Re: Kolaudace

  • Todd Hammond
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15, 2000
      Greetings, everyone

      A koloudace, which I have experienced "on my own skin", I understand as an
      inspection. At the koloudace of our reconstructed shop building were several
      officials from various agencies like hygiene, fire, water, gas, etc. (the
      "engineers' net", or [local] infrastructure). The date and time of the
      inspection were set by I forgot who, but there we all were: the building
      contractor; me with my 12 permits/affadavits/certificates/construction
      licenses, building plans, and the like; they with their certificates,
      stamps, and more or less strict visages. (In my case at least, no bribes
      were asked for or given). It was a big event, almost a ceremony, which I
      would refer to as [inspection], [inspection day], or [inspection for
      occupancy permit] - the number and type of adjectives connected to
      [inspection] depending of course on the context, whether or not it's already
      clear what the inspection is for, etc.

      Todd Hammond

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2000
        I liked Todd using "infrastructure" for "inz'enyrske site'". This is what I
        once used and no-one grumbled :). I suppose it is the media term for that,
        too.

        Cheers,
        Vladimir Vitvar
        v.vitvar@...