Re: Michael Trittipo

  • Vit Ruzicka
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2000
      Dear Michael,
      It's really a rare chance for me to ask an American lawyer for an opinion (if you don't mind).
      As many people would agree, the law in different countries is built upon different legal concepts. I have been translating some legal documents and often find the customers uncertain whether to accept a correct translation of a foreign legal concept or to require a "correct" legal concept, even if with some shift in its meaning. Are there any principles established in the US, thereof?
      BW, I have used ", as amended later." and always got away with it, obviously, because "it is always amended later " (sooner or later:-).
      Best regards
      Vit